Jack,

FD-EMM386 is very outdated, yes. But when it was still maintained,
updates were often tested by a number of users. With JEMM, it is
more like "here is an update, enjoy".

> I have reviewed Japheth's "Changelog", I believe much of what he
> had to do changing FD-EMM386 to JEMM386 are "Flat-Ass DISASTERS"
> and I shall continue to AVOID using FD-EMM386...

Thanks for taking the time to read the changelog, can you give some
examples of bad FD-EMM386 bugs which were fixed by JEMM? Of course
there are zero JEMM bugs fixed by FD-EMM386, but that does not mean
that JEMM is by definition free of bugs. I do believe Alain when he
says that he did have data loss with the latter - which may not be
due to bugs at all, maybe it is just that JEMM makes it easier for
the users to shoot their own foot. Which is why I still think that
FD-EMM386 also has some pretty nice sides. Even though I would NOT
recommend to "upgrade" to a 5 year old FD-EMM386 for THAT reason.

Eric