First of all you'd better NOT mess windows and linux on the same
partition. Second, having each OS on it's own partition, you can use
almost any bootmanager you coose.

But your current setup is atypical and you must correct next snippets
according to it.
Find GRUB4DOS configuration file menu.ls. For example C:\menu.lst
add
    title FreeDOS 1.0
    rootnoverify (hd0,0)
    chainloader /freedos.bss

for booting via saved boot sector,
or
    title FreeDOS 1.0
    rootnoverify (hd0,0)
    chainloader /KERNEL.SYS

for booting KERNEL.SYS directly from GRUB4DOS.
Pay attention to "hd0,0", you must change it to your actual DOS-partition.