> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Jeffrey <ellsn...@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>     About a year and a half ago, the last website offering support for AST
>> research computers went down.
>> Because have an AST 80386, I downloaded all the drivers and files before
>> that happened.  Would it be legal
>> for you to host them?  AST is now defunct, and they had a large market share
>> back in the day,
>> so I'm sure many people would find them useful.

What website was supporting the stuff and offering the drivers?  Was
it officially affiliated with AST?

If AST is defunct, I'd consider doing something like creating a Google
Site to host it.  What you are in practice concerned with is who (if
anyone) holds the rights, and might object.  Objections normally come
if someone sees *money* it, and I can't see that being the case here.
______
Dennis