Hi Tiago,

> Are there any hints to install FreeDOS inside a Qemu box? I'm trying
> this right now, but the installation process is damn slow. This is
> the Qemu command line:

Well Qemu emulates everything, including the CPU, as far as I
remember - you could try Dosemu (if you use Linux or BSD) as
that only emulates the I/O hardware such as the graphics card.

> qemu -cdrom ~/.qemu/fdbasecd.iso -hda ~/.qemu/freedos.img -boot
> order=c,once=d -m 31M -k pt-br -soundhw sb16 -M pc -smp 1 -cpu
> pentium -name FreeDOS -sdl
>
> I've tried several values to -cpu, including qemu32/64, pentium,
> 486, core2duo; and also raise the -m value up to default (128M).

Having a lot of RAM will not hurt, but 128 MB is really enough...
Also, you can try to NOT use emm386 and to NOT install USB and/or
network drivers: With the FreeDOS 1.0 ISO, I remember that those
two were very slow in detecting hardware etc. Another thing that
you can try is using Bernd's preview of FreeDOS 1.1 which is much
more up to date, including much newer drivers - thanks Bernd! :-)

Happy holidays to everybody :-)

Regards, Eric

PS: To get the 1.1 preview, please get in touch with Bernd :-)