Thank you, Dennis and TJ. I do indeed have 16 gigabytes of memory on my
box. It is running a 6 core processor and "gaming motherboard" (that is
MSI's description for it) which I've repurposed for server work.
Specifically it is being transformed into a network attached storage
server running FreeNAS 8.x.

To explain my interest in FreeDOS: I have a need to update a motherboard
BIOS.

Also, I some Dell PERC 5/I SAS controllers (they have the LSI chipset)
which need a firmware update as described here:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showpost.php?p=12000789&postcount=88

I assume the person who did the update and is talking about a "boot
floppy" means a "DOS boot floppy."

Thanks

Bob