On Sun, 5 Feb 2012, Kenneth Davis <jeremyd@***.org> wrote :

>  test kernel supporting 4KB sectors, note it limits
> buffers to 2 to avoid memory corruption on boot.
> Thanks for testing,

Eager to try your kernel mods with real HW, but, there is a but! in order for
my Iomega device to be recognised & processed by KERNEL.SYS (rather than a
specific user installed driver), I need to have USB support with int 13h
emulation for that device installed BEFORE booting DOS.

A PLoP boot diskette would've  been ideal for this, EXCEPT... PLoP does not
support other than 512 byte sectors on USB hard disks, at the moment.

Actually I'd been in touch with PLoP's developer Elmar even before I suscribed
on this mailing list. He renounced or at least postponed doing the changes,
unfortunately, arguing a tiny number of prospective users and difficulty of
testing "over the internet".

Maybe you (FreeDOS developers) would like to add your weight to my prayer for
Elmar to reconsider ? He doesn't distribute PLoP source code UIAM.

And, are you (you all!) aware of some other option ?

--
Czerno