> No. As Tom said, large sectors are only a workaround for WinXP and
> similar "MBR partitioned" operating systems. With GPT, you have no
> relevant limit to the number of sectors any more and sectors can be
> small again :-)

Well, CAN and WILL are entirely different scenarios.  If I had to guess, I'd
say the vendors will make some effort to convince themselves (and consequently
everybody else) that 4k sectors are somehow "better", and won't revert back to
(or emulate) 512 even if they can.  And Redmond will likely go along with this,
to try and force everyone to upgrade their OS at least one more time.

I hope I'm wrong, or that the whole thing blows up in their face if they try
it, but I can see it coming.