Thank you Tom.
Actually, I also used the 'hidemouse' subfunction; I didn't know it would
*terminate* the mouse function. I am surprised to learn of the
multiple-calls-to-it aspect.  The idea of setting cx=0 is interesting,
but I fear to do it since I've been using the int by way of the UNION regs
gambit, whereas you are showing a direct asm patch. I am afraid I will
screw up the regs structure. Also, I am not familiar with
the mask byte, since evidentily the 'int86' function takes care of all
that.Richard,aka kurt godel<wb2...@gmail.com>.