Op 21-2-2012 17:41, sasi maran schreef:
> Dear all
> i have installed free dos in my computer. how to use flash drive for the
> file transfer
> i have installed driver for the usb it scan for usb but displays usb not
> found
> can any one help to solve this problem

Most USB flash drives come pre-formatted with a FAT32 filesystem
already. Likewise, most computers have the possibility to use "BIOS USB
Legacy emulation" to have keyboards, mice and drives connected to USB
working before loading modern operating systems such as Windows and Linux.

In other words, insert your USB flash disk, start up FreeDOS and you
should be able to "see" the USB flash disk as BIOS lists it as a kind of
harddisk, and thus FreeDOS (actually the kernel bootup file named
kernel.sys) will have given it a driveletter. This might be C: if your
normal harddisk doesn't contain any recognised filesystems.

If your harddisk is C: however, your USB drive might have become D: or so.

Reach the USB drive by typing in:
D: (followed by enter)

See contents:
DIR D:

Copy a file from harddisk or floppy to USB:
COPY A:\SOMEFILE.TXT D:\USBFILE.TXT

USB-drivers are only needed in specific circumstances: whenever your
system doesn't list attached drives automatically (which is often the
case when using add-on PCI/PCIe usb-controllers).

So try the following:
- without loading any drivers (as DOS relies on computer/BIOS anyway)
- with FreeDOS's USB drivers, based on [ http://bretjohnson.us/ ]

If that fails, a demo version of a commercial set of USB drivers can be
tried from: [ http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/ ], maybe that will work
for you.

Bernd