Problem (seems to be) solved.

Formerly I was using a line:

INSTALLHIGH=C:\FDOS\BIN\UIDE2.SYS

...and this made problems. When I replaced INSTALLHIGH with DEVICEHIGH
- there are no problems anymore.

I thought, that INSTALL and DEVICE keywords are synonyms for
fdconfig.sys file, since I was very long time using various
combinations, like e.g.:

DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\JEMMEX.EXE (DEVICE for EXE-file)
INSTALLHIGH=C:\FDOS\BIN\XMGR.SYS (INSTALL for SYS-file)

...and it "just works" with no problems whatsoever - unfortunately,
not in UIDE*-s case.

But now I see, there must be some difference indeed., and for *.SYS
files should be DEVICE, and for COM/EXE - INSTALL. The opposite can
work, but doesn't have to.

Sorry, if I made some more confusion.
--
Z.