On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM, someone <plu...@robinson-west.com> wrote:

> Is the way freedos is being used here legal, or have I discovered an abuse?

Perfectly legal.  All the GPL requires folks using GPLed software to
do is provide the sources for the software upon request.   There is
nothing that says they can't *charge* for it.  What you are paying for
here is the solution offered, and the time, expertise, and labor
required to put it together and provide it.  You might be able to do
the same thing yourself, but it would take you a fair bit of time and
trouble to learn how and collect and setup the needed parts. (And you
might not have the time: you may need the fix *now*.)  What value do
you place on your own time?  I value mine highly enough I might well
pay for something like this.
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519