On 11.04.12 22:23, dmccunney wrote:
> Current machines won't *boot* DOS, but will *run* it in a
> compatibility box,  emulator or virtual machine.

I'm think you're making a bit misleading statement. While there *are*
current machines that won't boot DOS, 99% of the *current* machines can
boot it. The main concern is UEFI based motherboards that lacks BIOS
compatibility module. And  while at some point in the future they could
outnumber BIOS based motherboards, this is definitely not the case today.

Regards