El 13/04/2012 10:03 a.m., Alex escribió:
> Just to save me some time, instead of going through all the forums and
> the documentation files (which would take forever), I ask this
> question to you all: which of the (FreeDOS-based) languages support
> Unicode?
>
> More specifically, does anyone know if Turbo Pascal can support UTF-8?
> Is there any library/module for this purpose?
>
> Thanks to all in advance
>
> Alex

Classic DOS on text mode can show on screen codepages with 256 charaters
(1 byte per character).  Not sure but I think this is a hardware
limitation on the original x86 systems that was never changed because
everybody moved to graphics mode.  Would be great have hardware with
support text modes with 2 bytes per character (256*256 = 65.536
characters per codepage)

Your programs on graphics mode can emulate unicode painting any
character on screen.

Read this page (old):
http://czyborra.com/unifont/

On this page explain a method to codify complex characters on a nice Hex
format that you draw on the screen.

The complete original font is here:
http://czyborra.com/unifont/unifont.hex.gz

Based on Mr Czyborra's work, some people has been working on it with a
lot of enhacements.
www.unifoundry.com

Marco A. Achury
Tel: +58-(212)-6158777