On 05/06/2012 03:31 PM, Kenny Emond wrote:
> Hey,
>
>    I just installed FreeDOS onto a laptop. The installation was going
> fine, and even said it completed succesfully. So when it rebooted, it
> went through the normal thing (asking whether or not to use jemmex,
> which I have always just let it load with jemmex [I already have FreeDOS
> on a Desktop computer]), but then it gave me this message:
>
>       JemmEx v5.75 [05/21/11]
>       JemmEx loaded
>       Kernel: allocated 46 Diskbuffers = 24472 Bytes in HMA
>
>       JemmEx: exception 06 occured at CS:EIP=12E5:0000D1D1, ERRC=00000000
>       SS:ESP=12E5:000001F4 EBP=00000001 EFL=00033A47 CR0=80000011
> CR2=00000000
>       EAX=00000006 EBX=0000000F ECX:00000000 EDX=0000090D ESI=00000000
> EDI=00000000
>       DS=090D ES=029B FS=0030 GS=0010 [CS:IP]=FF FF 0F FF FF FF 0F 8B
>       Press ESC to abort program
>

>    Which I did, and then this popped up right underneath the other thing:
>
>       Bad or missing Command Interpreter: C:\FDOS\BIN\COMMAND.COM
> <http://COMMAND.COM> C:\FDOS\BIN /E:1024
>       /P=C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
>         Enter the full shell command line:
>

>    I have no clue what happened. I wish I did. Any help would be GREATLY
> appreciated. Also, I do know how to use FreeDOS, but I am not exactly as
> DOS/computer-expert savvy as everyone else, so please don't confuse me
> with all that hackers/programmers mumbo-jumbo. Thanks,
>
>                                      --- A FreeDOS User
>

> P.S.- How exactly do I reply to the posts on the FreeDOS-User group? I
> use gmail.

> Live Security Virtual Conference

Look for a button that says "reply to list".  If you don't have such a
button then just use the "reply" button.  Either way make sure that the
email is addressed to "freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net".  If you
choose you can reply directly to the poster instead of the list but
don't reply to both.

Try to find a way to post your reply at the bottom of the email similar
to what I've done here.  Top posting is considered bad manners on most
mail lists.  Micro-Soft tends to set a bad example of top posting by
default when you reply to an email using Outlook.  Some mail tools make
it difficult, or near impossible, to post your reply at the bottom.

Many GUI email tools are able to handle mail to/from web providers such
as AOL.COM or GMAIL.COM etc...  There are even some text based mail
tools that can do the same.  I use Thunderbird on CentOS 6.2.

--
     _
    °v°