Am 08.06.2012 16:43, schrieb Bret Johnson:

>> The problem with the double letters was solved by unloading KEYB.
>> DOS7-KEYB doesn't work yet, I believe it wants to have it's own
>> KEYBOARD.SYS file. USBKEYB typing methods didn't change anything.
>
> Interesting.  Usually, KEYB fixes things instead of breaking them.

Win98 KEYB works, so does XKEYB 1.15 when JEMMEX isn't loaded.

>> Still Freedos Edit crashs upon startup when the usb drivers are
>> loaded.  I believe I have to check my JEMM config before I try
>> anything else.
>
> Something to experiment with, I suppose.  I'm not sure if I've ever tried FD
> EDIT with the USB drivers or not.  I'll try to remember to experiment with
> that.

without JEMMEX it still crashes.
This really seems to be a problem with Freedos Edit and USBDOS.
The other software works fine.

hot-plugging (ie switching PCs) does not work at all.
crashes far too often.
the only way is switch, load drivers, use devices, unload drivers,
switch, .... start from the beginning.

as far as I am concerned, I will write the how-to, then I am done.
Have to work around these problems somehow.

If you want to take a closer look at any of these problems, you are
welcome to ask for details.

Jan