Hi Bernd,

yes, Robert also found that the ISO image will not run with VMware and
VirtualPC. I had tested it with Bochs and that did work. I agree that you
can use Bochs mainly for development because it is slow.

The ISO is an ElTorito CD using FAT16 hard disk emulation. BIOS has no
problem booting from that. I did expect users to write the ISO image to a
(e.g. re-writeable) CD and boot from that. This should work well with your
existing PCs also.

If you have instructions somewhere how to add my files to your FreeDOS 1.1
ISO and then make a new bootable ISO image from that I will give it a try.
Since the BIOS and Bochs have no problems with my ISO image I did not expect
problems with VMware and VirtualPC.

Georg