Hi Karen,

> I can assure you that none of the computers I have running this
> system know the difference as to official or not.  They boot as
> ms dos, function as ms dos, perhaps a touch better, and remain
> solid for me as ms dos.

If you don't have appropriate Windows' license, you are using pirated
software. It's easy as that. There were no commercially avaialable
versions of MS DOS after 6.22.

If you are running so called MS DOS 7.0+, You are legally
running Windows 9x. That fact can be easily confirmed. Some of the
binaries even contain strings that point to appropriate Windows version.

Even if it works, looks and feels like MS DOS, it requires Windows
license and it was sold as Windows. So, no: that's not MS DOS.
That's Windows 95(A,B,C) or 98(SE).

Bojan.