A floppy image will probably not be used a lot to write it on a real floppy
today. I use it as a base to make bootable CDs according to the ElTorito
standard. Or use it with Bochs to boot from that image.

The files on the floppy image will be enough of the FreeDOS distribution for
most embedded applications too. I need just about half of the files on this
bare_dos image for my applications to run. Kernel, command.com, himem.sys,
keyboard and mouse driver plus editor, thats usually it.

Georg