Op 22-11-2012 17:04, Peter Easthope schreef:

> The partition information refers to the hard disk, which is not the
> intended target.  Hopefully the instruction "Press 1 to start installing
> ... to drive C:" is correct.  In other words, hopefully drive C: is the
> CF card and not the hard drive which is identified as D:.

It's strange that FDISK doesn't list C:.
Likely you'll be able to press 'q' as input at the installer screen,
which will abort setup.

If you definately want to ensure the harddisk isn't listed, temporarily
disable your IDE/SATA controller in BIOS or disconnect the connection
cables.

> I'm  reluctant to continue with the installation at risk of clobbering
> data on the hard disk.  Shouldn't the partition information at the top
> refer to drive C: rather than D:?  Or is the installer aiming to target
> the hard disk?

I've never seen FDISK not mention C: unless there wasn't a FAT partition
yet. You should be able to safely continue, most setup code is written
in Batch-script language instead of some compiled program.

> In any case, there can be only one target part and reference to both C:
> and D: in this display is a bug, isn't it?

Seems like FDISK picked the wrong disk or your machine (or FreeDOS
kernel) is happy to assign C: to a drive that's not counted as harddisk
but as a huge removable drive.

Bernd