This may be a FAQ.

I have an old DOS program that I wrote and still want to run, but it uses
VESA 3.0 SVGA graphics, which are not [fully] supported by later versions
of Windoze.* To make matters worse, the program writes to disk during
operation, and no modern computer has FAT16 partitions anymore.

So I'm looking to package the program on a CD with FreeDOS, DOS 7.1 or
something that can provide DOS functionality and write to a FAT32
partition. And preferably, the program should autorun upon bootup.

The bootable CD images that I've been seeing for FreeDOS and DOS 7.1 are
all *installation* disks that first fake a floppy drive and then load a
bootable floppy disk image that cannot be edited. I don't want to actually
install DOS and overwrite Windoze. I do want something that will boot
directly to the command line, allow me to add my own files and directories
and...preferably...allow me to put DOS commands in an AUTOEXEC file.

Any thoughts and/or advice are appreciated.

Bruce

*In XP, I can hit F8, boot to safe mode, and get SVGA graphics with VBE
that way. But it messes up my desktop and takes a long time to boot.

-- Sent from my meager, humble desktop computer.