You also might consider the well known and handy open source System Rescue
CD <http://www.sysresccd.org/SystemRescueCd_Homepage>.  It has 32 & 64-bit
boot selections as well as boot options for the command line used for
starting LINUX.  A USB version is available as well.   Yes it does have
gparted.  It can be installed onto an existing system with a separate
partition and multi-boot arrangement.

It supports these file-systems ext2/ext3/ext4, reiserfs, btrfs, xfs, jfs,
vfat, and ntfs with read & write support.  Remote file-systems included are
Samba(CIFS, SMB protocols) and NFS.  See the website for a long list of
packages supported.

You can learn about these in the large manual and other supporting
documentation

Cheers
John S Wolter
LinkedIn: johnswolter <http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnswolter>

- Mailto:johnswol...@wolterworks.com
- Desk: 734-408-1263
- USA, Eastern Standard Time, -5 GMT, -4 GMT DST