It's true that a lot of developers just quit supporting their products.

I once figured out how much I was making for all the time I was spending on
Dirt Cheap Software. It came to about 15 cents per hour. But I wasn't doing
it for the money -- it was more of a hobby than a business.

I still have a file in my desk of the registration forms that some BBS
sysops sent in, and it remains gratifying to know that somebody found my
efforts to be worthwhile.

Bruce