First, the good news - Watcom includes code at the start and end of each
function to detect stack overflows.  It is a lot easier to debug code
when you know what the root cause of the problem is. If the stack
overflow were to happen and remain silent, you could have all sorts of
strange behavior.

- Don't allocate large structures on the stack.  That is the first
problem.  8KB for a stack object is pretty large.  Use malloc or other
dynamic memory allocation instead.

- If you need a large stack because you have lots of functions calling
each other or are writing recursive code, there is a linker option to
increase the size of the stack.  The default size is small.  I usually
use "stack=4096" on my mTCP apps to increase the size to something more
reasonable for my code.  You can figure out the correct value for your
code by trial and error or by doing a careful analysis of your code.

Mike