Hi,

On Jan 7, 2013 5:46 AM, "Russell Benson" <rbens...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I have been experimenting with different operating systems
> other than Microsoft or linux. I suppose I thought that some
> sort or operating system would appear like dos 3.1 that you
> can navigate around.

DOS 3.1? I don't know what that refers to, DOSSHELL or Win 3.1? (Or maybe
something specific to Compaq or IBM?) Anyways, my silly point was that
there is no manditory default interface, so you're minimally dumped to the
prompt unless you'd rather use something else (NDN, Doszip, etc., not sure
what Bernd threw in FD 1.1, I can't check right now).

Also, maybe you expected some kind of login system? Nope, nothing default,
usually you're always the equivalent of root (for good or bad).

> Thanks for the reply…… I feel like a bit of an idiot….LOL

Nah, it's okay, computers do a lot these days. I'd be surprised if anybody
really understood all of it anymore.