> "uHex is a simple and fast hex viewer for DOS. It has been written
> with care to work fast even on an 8086 CPU, providing support for
> large files (up to 2 GiB) while using minimal amounts of memory."

COOL :-)

It's rather trivial but in my minimal test it worked.

As you might know, there are already 1'000'000'000'000 hex viewers
and editors around ... so the market is rather saturated, but most of
them are rather unusable, so you could beat them all one day :-)

Some ideas: http://jafile.com/uploads/dos386/filedit.txt