I've been using VirtualBox in Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio Duo Core /w 4
gigabytes of RAM. VirtualBox's load times are okay but the execution of
MS-DOS & a particular character-display application program is usable very
but slow.

Understanding this issue is best approached by examining VirtualBox and
FreeDOS separately from the application.

Is there a known good setup for VirtualBox and FreeDOS that demonstrates
good performance?  Inside this question is how to measure the performance
of VirtualBox and then DOS other than just by it feels okay.

Second, what steps should be taken to walk through application performance
issues within FreeDOS?  Is there a sequence that would narrow issues to
solutions?

Cheers,
John S Wolter
LinkedIn: johnswolter <http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnswolter>

johnswol...@wolterworks.com
USA, Eastern Standard Time, -5 GMT, -4 GMT DST