Hi Rugxulo,

> Hence I suggest sticking with 7ZA920.ZIP or some version of
> p7zip 9.20.1 (despite bugs), at least under DOS.

I downloaded this version:

/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/util/file/7zip/9.20.1/testing/p7z9201-latest.zip
2012-Sep-03 13:00:32

... and here's a couple of observations, in case anyone is
interested.

With this version I could compress and decompress subfolders,
which was one thing I was unable to do with the previous version
I used.

However, it still does not seem to interpret the "@" syntax
(filenames given in a file) at all. It just ignores what comes
after the "@", with the result that, when compressing it
compresses everything in the current folder, and when
decompressing it decompresses nothing.

A side effect of this is that the Connect file manager (which I
use constantly) cannot be configured to support 7zip, because
Connect relies on the "@" syntax for that.

In one decompression test with Connect, 7zip gave this message:

    Error:
    Cannot use absolute pathnames for this command

This does not seem to be the real reason, because I tried the
same decompression directly from the command line (i.e., not
from Connect) giving the relative pathname, and it also failed.

Still, as it is, 7zip is very usable. After some more testing I
plan to use it more extensively. Thanks for your part in it.

Regards,

Marcos

Marcos Fávero Florence de Barros
Campinas, Brazil