At 07:05 PM 3/27/2013, Jim Hall wrote:

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:11 AM, john s wolter <<mailto:johnswol...@wolterworks.com>johnswol...@wolterworks.com> wrote: Okay, had anyone done a name search prior to production? MINiX3.org might not be amused. Go was the last test of overlapping names.

I don't see the name conflict. "rpix86" and "MINIX" look entirely different to me. Just because there's an "x" or "-ix" in there doesn't make it a name conflict, just like "FreeDOS" (or the original name, "PD-DOS") didn't make it a name conflict with "MS-DOS".

And MINIX is different from rpix86: MINIX is a whole Unix kernel plus Unix userspace, rpix86 is a virtual x86 machine for ARM plus DOS kernel. And "rpix86" is just the name of the binary package, anyway. It really stands for "R. Pi x86".

He was likely rather referring to the Hong Kong based company/web site called MiniX that offers the media hub which Robert mentioned in his reply
Doom on my MiniX NEO X5 (<http://www.minix.com.hk/Products/NEOX5.html>http://www.minix.com.hk/Products/NEOX5.html)
connected to a 37" LCD TV. ;-)

Ralf