Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the release of a new version of my FreeDOS package
manager - FDNPKG v0.94.

Big changes: this new version brings support for offline (on disk)
repositories, and update features (FDNPKG is able to update itself now).

Exact changelog below:

FDNPKG v0.94 [19 Jun 2013]
  - [fix] FDNPKG is quitting if networking (Watt32) fails to initialize
(was trying to continue anyway, possibly leading to crashes),
  - [new] added support for on-disk package repositories,
  - [new] added the 'showinstalled' action (display the list of
installed packages),
  - [new] added the 'checkupdates' action (checks for availability of
updates for installed packages),
  - [new] added the 'update' action (updates given package to newer
version from repositories),
  - [new] added support for custom configuration file location via the
FDNPKG.CFG environment variable.

Since now, FDNPKG is not requiring networking anymore to be useful - one
could imagine burn a CD with latest packages, and use it to update any
offline FreeDOS system. Or even use FDNPKG to install a whole FreeDOS
system from scratch.

FDNPKG is available at the usual place:
  http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/software/fdnpkg/

cheers,