That's true - IIRC, there are a few packages in BASE that lack sources
(these are the few packages that I dumped long ago from the FreeDOS 1.0 CD).
I will look into this matter when I will have a moment. Unfortunately it
won't be soon, but I'll try to straighten this issue by the end of the year.

About installation of several packages: I guess you are investigating
some "installer" options here :) but for such need, I think that the
possible ability of FDNPKG to install several packages would be useless
anyway, because of the limitation of the command line length (you would
not be able to call fdnpkg with the list of all packages as an
argument). So for such need, a full-blown script (like the one you did)
will probably be inevitable anyway...

Mateusz