I have a disk with Linux and win98 dos on it.  I opt with function key
to select which OD.
Default is DOS.  While in DOS, I executed sys c: from a floppy that I
downloaded from the fd site.  Now when I boot to this OS, I get, after
the copyright notice and before a device? line in the config .sys, the
following:

- InitDiskWARNING: using suspect partition Pri:1 FS 0b: with calculated
values
   81-194-63 instead of   75-254-63
C: HD1, Pri[ 1], CHS=   0-1-1, start=     0 MB, size=  603MB
WARNING: using suspect partition Ext:1 FS 0b: with calculat4ed values
81-196-1
instead of   77-1-1
WARNING: using suspect partitionj

Oh well ya'll got the idea.  5 warning messages, each "calculated values
and "instead of"
values that are different.  Finally it runs (haven't dried Suse yet).

Have I written over my MBR or worse?

John