Oh, the old Zenith machine? http://oldcomputers.net/zenith-minisport.html

> if you have a PC with a ROM drive on it please run freedos on it and see how
> it behaves...

ROM or RAM?

No surprise, however.    I'd expect FreeDOS to get confused in that situation.

The Minisport can reportedly boot from A:, the built-in ROM (which
gets you MS-DOS 3.3) , or D:, the battery backed RAM drive.  (There
was an optional 3.5" external floppy, but I don't know whether it
could boot from it.)

How did you get the FreeDOS files to the Minisport?  FastLynx?

If you have a spare 2" floppy the Zenith used, see if you can create a
FreeDOS boot disk on the 2" floppy in A:. then see if you can boot
from it.
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519