Hello.

24.01.2014, 04:28, "Rugxulo" <rugx...@gmail.com>:

Hi,

On 1/23/14, Anton D. Kachalov <mo...@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

 22.01.2014, 05:52, "Rugxulo" <rugx...@gmail.com>:

 I do not use EMM386 (JEMMX has been loaded with NOEMS option). I don't
 exactly remember why I've choosen DOS/32A instead of other extenders. It
 were depend on compatability with OpenWatcom build. It was three years ago.
 Need to check.

JEMMEX.EXE is a hybrid of JEMM386.EXE and HIMEMX.EXE. Just putting
"NOEMS" doesn't mean it's the same as HIMEMX alone. It's still in
protected (V86) mode, it's still probably using UMBs, and it still
provides VCPI.

Got it :) Just read "NOEMS" in the wrong way. Anyway, I had problems with HIMEMX and other XMM. Will try the latest one from SVN and older FD kernels.
I just need XMM to get RDISK works with at least 34MB RAM-disk.

However, in my experience (I think it was trying to use Georg's
Flwriter with bundled OW-compiled GS386.EXE, search BTTR Forum if
curious), DOS/32A doesn't play well under "NOEMS" due to bugs.

I didn't find GS386, but found WDOSX. What could you say about it?

http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/forum_entry.php?id=11427

So you probably shouldn't use that setup here, use XMS only
(presumably HIMEMX). If you need UMBs, try Uwe Sieber's UMBPCI. If you
need EMS, manually load JEMM386 later.

 I use the latest one 9.1.2 and rebuild curl with my specific options. Here
 is my DOS utils repo:

      https://github.com/ya-mouse/dos-utils

dos-utils/ow/Makefile ... seems strange. Are you not aware of
(Info-Zip) unzip '-x' (exclude) option? In Linux, you'll probably have
to do this:  -x '*foo*'  '*bar*'  (at least that will save you from
having to 'rm' directly afterwards)

In my build environment (tmpfs) it was quite fast. Fixed that. Thanks :)

 Yes, I did [rebuild curl with OW], because I need to build very specific
 configuration. I'm avoiding DJGPP and it's CWSDPMI, cause' trying to
 minimize a resulting environment.

CWSDPMI is not a big file, and most DJGPP-built utils should be
standalone (besides needing that). But OW and DJGPP apps don't play
well, usually. DJGPP is "DPMI exclusively" while OW is "unofficial DOS
extender extensions required". Probably the best way to make them
cooperate is use HDPMI32 residently (from Japheth's HX) or bind
Causeway or (third-party) D3X. I mean, I think the app will crash if
you shell out and try to run the other kind, they weren't really
designed to be mixed environment. I mean, some environments support
both (Windows, DOSEMU, OS/2, ??), but in real DOS it's not so obvious.

I see. D3X seems to be dead after 2004 (https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/5881) and there is WDOSX.

The reason why I've choosen DOS32/A that I hasn't a big choice: DOS/4G, Causeway(?), PMODE/W and DOS32/A. How to proper integrate WDOSX into OW? Is it only a post-install "stub-it"?

BTW, I've tried to build D3XW stub with linux NASM and link it by WCL386:

    wcl386 -ldos -fe=d3xw.exe d3xw.obj

And get "D3X: error 0x8: unable to spawn image". Looks like it is unable to read it's own header. Got the same error for UPXed binary and just linked one (e.g curl.exe and lspci.exe).

Got source here:
    http://rugxulo.googlepages.com/d3x-090h.zip

--
Anton D. Kachalov