On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM, sparky4 <spar...@cock.li> wrote:
> http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2014/03/25/microsoft-makes-source-code-for-ms-dos-and-word-for-windows-available-to-public.aspx

Specifically, they've released source for MS-DOS 1.1 and 2.0, as well
as source for Word for Windows 1.1a,

The question we won't know till we see it is the terms under which the
source is released, and whether it may be used in derivative products.
 (In particular, is there anything in DOS 1.1 or 2.0 that might be
incorporated into FreeDOS? I personally suspect not.  It will be
interesting to see what early DOS looked like internally.)

> sparky4
______
Dennis