Hi Sébastien,

my FreeDOS is a bit rusty ;-) so these are just shots in the dark. Maybe
someone has more experience?

> Yes i not have problem when i work with FreeDos and when i use my program for
> ... edit content file OR just copy there is a problem
> All is correct ! i not have this problem when i use Dr-DOS or MS-DOS... it's
> strange

> === Content of FDCONFIG.SYS : ============
>
> DEVICE=C:\cpcdos\pilotes\dos\himemx.exe

Does himemx.exe work well with xmsdsk? Would it help to load xmsdsk with option
/T, like

XMSDSK 102400 /T /Y

in FDAUTO.BAT?

Also there is no EMM. Would you mind to do a mem /c and post the output?
How many RAM does your own program need?

> SHELLHIGH=\COMFREE.COM /E:10240 /P=C:\FDAUTO.BAT

So you use a different COMMAND.COM. Did you try the FreeDOS version?

> LASTDRIVE=z
> DEVICE=C:\CPCDOS\PILOTES\DOS\IFSHLP.SYS
> DEVICE=C:\CPCDOS\PILOTES\DOS\XMSDSK.EXE
> rem DEVICE=C:\Cpcdos\pilotes\DOS\SMARTDRV.EXE /DOUBLE_BUFFER

Okay, so  SMARTDRV isn't the problem :-)

> =====================================
>

> === Content of FDAUTO.BAT :==============
> SET LECTEUR=C:\
> SET
> PATH=%PATH%;%LECTEUR%CPCDOS\PILOTES\DOS;%LECTEUR%CPCDOS\SYSTEME;%LECTEUR%CPCDOS\PILOTES\RESEAU
> KEYBFR
> XMSDSK 102400 /y
> ======================================

Wow. That's all? Do you have another batch file that loads anything?

I remember that I loaded

NET INITIALIZE
LH SHARE
NETBIND.COM
TCPTSR.EXE
TINYRFC.EXE
LH NMTSR.EXE
NET START

to make MS Client work for me. As I say my experience is a bit rusty, and you
may be right with everything, but maybe you experiment a bit with these drivers?

> === Content of PROTOCOL.INI : ============
>
> [network.setup]
> version=0x3110
> netcard=nic,1,NIC,1
> transport=tcpip,TCPIP
> lana0=NIC,1,tcpip
>
> [protman]
> DriverName=PROTMAN$
> PRIORITY=MS$NDISHLP
>
> [NIC]
> DriverName=SIS190$
> ; This file gets inserted in to the driver's protocol.ini file.
> ; You can set hardcode lines for setting duplex/speed here.
>
> [tcpip]
> NBSessions=3
> DEFAULTGATEWAY0 = 192 168 1 1
> SUBNETMASK0 = 255 255 255 0
> IPADDRESS0 = 192 168 1 11
> DisableDHCP = 1
> DriverName=TCPIP$
> BINDINGS=NIC
> LANABASE=0
> TCPSEGMENTSIZE=1450
> TCPWINDOWSIZE=4350

I have no experience with the above two settings. As you saw some strange
buffer behavior, being able to see files that were previously deleted: Maybe
you comment ";" them out and see if this is still happening? Another shot in
the dark..., sorry.

I think others should also take a look at this.

At least, this is an interesting problem :-)

kind regards
Ulrich