On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste-family.net> wrote:
> Not really related to FreeDOS, but I thought this little news could be
> somewhat "interesting" on this list :)
>
>    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27407502

Ah, yes.  George R. R. Martin, of Game of Thrones fame.

I've known George for decades.  I first met him when he was living on
the East Coast of the US, just starting his writing career, and making
his living running chess tournaments. (He complained he was unlikely
to rise from Expert to Master because he was too busy running
tournaments to compete in them.)  I knew his wife Parris before she
became involved with George.

An assortment of writers learned on WordStar and are loathe to give it
up.  SF writer Robert J. Sawyer maintains a WordStar fan page.
http://www.sfwriter.com/wordstar.htm

The publishing industry has standardized on Word, and editors expect
to get submissions as Word doc, but some folks still compose in
WordStar and import to Word for submission draft.

> cheers,
> Mateusz
______
Dennis