Hi! You misunderstood me... USB is SLOWER than PS/2, so my
recommendation was to use PS/2 keyboard and mouse! But you
had those already.

If you switch off legacy USB support in the BIOS, you must
use PS/2 keyboard for your BIOS setup again. Because, as
you noticed, USB keyboard will not work if you disable the
BIOS "legacy" USB driver. I hope that answers your question.

Regards, Eric