@Rugxulo....

"You said JEMMEX was used. (But you can probably do without NOINVLPG
NOVME unless literally using an old 386.) Are you sure you need EMM386
(or EMS) at all?"

- This was a good question... Obviously my thinking was stucked on something
 I believed to be true on -90:eens when I last used MSDOS.
 I have now studied my literature about MSDOS and AutoCAD. It seems that
 AutoCAD was one of those very rare DOS programs that took care of their
 "extra" memory use by themselves (also Framework was mentioned). In one book
 they state that if there is expanded or extended memory available AutoCAD
 uses it automatically (up to 4MB). If there are available both, AutoCAD
 uses expanded memory first. And further, user can  control these by DOS
 command <SET ACADXMEM> and <SET ACADLIMEM>. That book covers versions
 up to Rel.10 and it was little unclear if this applies to Rel.9  but I
 think it does.
- I have also tested now without any extra DOS drivers and indeed tablet doesn't
 affect program execution speed any more. Also, display REGEN is quite fast
 now. It is not "lightning fast" that I may have expected of Pentium CPU but
 better than I ever seen. In general level... it does not restrict actual
 working practically at all. So problem solved.. on practical level...  thank
 you Rugxulo, Eric Auer et. others interested.
- Of course it would be interesting to know why did AutoCAD behave this way.
Being
 closed source it may never reveal its secrets? As far as I can remember on
 those days of MSDOS era special DOS drivers for memory extention were used
 allmost without exception. For some reason they didn't disturb AutoCAD
(obviously
 didn't make any use either).
- Strange enough, printer plotting is still (quite) slow. (=vector prosessing)
 Different is now that tablet doesn't affect it either. Plotting is not needed
 so often and as my interact is not needed any more so problem is marginal. I
can
 go for a cup of coffee that waiting time... But again, it would be nice to
 understand.

    Rauno Ollila

 P.S. I searched my tablet manual for its communication interface settings.
Those
 DIP-switches were set to meet AutoCAD recommendation. It means new X/Y-position
data
 send for every 0.01" pointer movement, however 100 points/s max. limit. In my
 understanding each coordinate generates several RS232 bytes. (>interrupts ?)

This mail sent through L-secure: http://www.l-secure.net/