Hi!

> Try installing manually, i.e. "fdisk, fdapm coldboot, format, sys".
> I assume you know the drill.   :-)

Indeed... use FDISK, FORMAT and SYS and throw in a few
reboots between steps to make sure that DOS is in sync
with all changes, just in case.

>> USB Flash Drive: TOSHIBA TransM

Maybe your USB drive shows as C: when booting from it?
In that case, you want to install FreeDOS to D: if you
plan to install it on the harddisk...

>> BIOS settings:
>>
>> Secure Virtual Machine Mode: Enabled
>>
>> AMD Cool 'N' Quiet: Enabled
>> USB Operation Mode: High Speed
>>
>> ACPI Suspend Type: S3
>> Remote Wake Up:Enabled

Note of those should cause any problems, but to save a
bit of energy, I would suggest to disable remote wakeup
(wake-on-lan) in the BIOS if you do not really need it.

In particular, I recommend to keep Cool n Quiet enabled.

Regards, Eric