> Here below I list all methods that have been mentioned, along with a
> short comment on each.
>
> * Floppies/CD (Zbigniew, Rugxulo)
>    - really slow. floppies are hard to get nowadays. Burning a CD every
> time I need to transfer a few KiBs of files seems wasteful.

Still you can use ZIP/LS-floppies: 100 MB of place (no need for
burning) means a lot of space for DOS-programs/data.

> * Running a FTP server on remote server, and connecting from DOS via a
> FTP client (Michael, Rugxulo)
>    - this is definitely my preferred way so far.

And is it really more convenient to type all these FTP commands - than
just mounting a Samba share, and simply using another drive letter in
VC or DN? ;) Well, it's your taste.
--
regards,
Zbigniew