On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Jim Haynes <jhhay...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I'm not using it yet, but want to because of some amateur radio software
> that was written to run in DOS and won't run in Windows.

Which ones?  I have several friends who are hams.  One is a Linux
user, and the other is in a pure Windows environment. They don't seem
to have problems.

And depending on the DOS software, it will run under Windows.  If you
use 32 bit Windows, like XP or (I believe) 32 bit Win7, 15 bit apps
are supported, and many DOS programs will run in a console solution
through NTVDM.  On 64 bit Windows, you ca run DOS under a virtual
machine, or try an emulator like DOSEmu or DOSBOX, which were wrttten
to allow DOS games to run, but can be used for other DOS applications.

> jhhaynes at earthlink dot net
______
Dennis