Hi,

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller6...@twc.com> wrote:

> First concern is making FreeDOS bootable, preferably with Syslinux.  SYS.COM
> didn't work,
> even made the FAT32 file system unreadable.  I need to save the first MB by
> dd from FreeBSD
> so as to be able to dd back in case the file system is messed up.

This may not be the most useful reply. I wish it was easier for things
like this as well, but it's not.

Anyways, the only two (easy) ways I know of are RUFUS and UNetBootIn.
The former requires Windows, and the latter ... dunno, Linux is a
given, not sure about FreeBSD. Have you tried (or can you try) both of
these two??

Of course, you could always convert a floppy .img to minimal .ISO and
burn that to CD, if in a pinch, though I'm not sure that has what you
want to run (too small, presumably, unless you only want to do small
tests).