Hi all,

I wanted to share with you my new FreeDOS distribution, Carbon
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/carbon-os>. Carbon is aimed at users who
want/need to use DOS programs and games, but aren't familiar with DOS.

It's currently in Alpha, and is available as a .iso file to try out and
install (similar to FreeDOS). In the future it will have a built-in desktop
environment (probably OpenGEM), Win95 long file name support out of the
box, 4DOS, pre-configured for use with CD/DVD drives, etc. Essentially, it
makes using DOS less of a hassle.

Right now it only has a very basic installer that simply copies over a base
FreeDOS system. I will be adding more and more features over the next few
months, but you can try out the Alpha 0.2.1 CD
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/carbon-os/files/latest/download?source=navbar>
right
now in VirtualBox, QEMU, or a real PC. You can even download a snapshot of
the code <https://sourceforge.net/p/carbon-os/code/ci/master/tree/> and run
the compiler to make your own Carbon disc!

Let me know what you think, all input is greatly appreciated.