Hi Jarda

Actually, there is no such thing like a "shared" library in DOS. Nonetheless,
you can of course reuse DOSMid code (BSD, no strings attached). I wrote it so
code reusal shall be easy - if you look into it, there are specialized modules
for everything. The midi.c module would be the closest thing to a MIDI library.
Simply snap it into your project and include its header file. You should also
find usage explanations in the header. Let me know if anything is unclear, I
will gladly help integrating DOSMid into your project (and improve its
documentation if such need arise).

Note however, that you should probably not rely on MPU for music. Most el
cheapo soundcards don't have a wavetable onboard, its something found only in
high-end cards. Using midi is probably a good idea (and you are welcome to use
dosmid for midi loading) but I think you should rely on FM synth (0x388 IIRC)
for playback, or provide a configurable setting to the user: MPU/FM. Of course
FM quality is poor, but should be acceptable for a game tune (and better than
no music at all for sure).

Btw, any chance to find the beta of your game somewhere on the net already?

Mateusz