Hi Mateusz,

obviously FDNPKG installs a few things differently than the FreeDOS 1.1 CD. So
it's hard to say what is a bug, what is a feature.

FDNPKG installs the MTCP programs into C:\FDOS\MTCP instead of C:\FDOS\BIN. So
mTCP will not work with an AUTOEXEC.BAT from 1.1, the user needs to add
C:\FDOS\MTCP to the PATH variable.

In another logic FDNPKG installs DOSZIP into C:\DOSZIP. Here again the user has
to update the PATH by hand.

The package CTMOUSE is installed into C:\FDOS\BIN\CTMOUSE (yet another location
for programs). There is no universal MOUSE.EXE like in FreeDOS 1.1, instead you
need to activate the file according to your language (CTM_EN.EXE or CTM_DE.EXE,
etc.).

In the BASE repository is a program called MIRROR. FDNPKG installs it into
C:\GAMES\MIRROR. I don't know what the program does, but is it supposed to be
in BASE? I see that it is also in the GAMES repo...

FDNPKG installs the license file of RECOVER into C:\FDOS\DOCS instead of
C:\FDOS\DOC.

If I install UIDE with FDNPKG, I am unable to also install RDISK and XMGR -
FDNPKG complains about already existing files.

As you see:

> Unfortunately there's no installation routine that lets me install the
> necessary 79 packages (plus configuration files) conveniently. Also only the
> first fdnpkg command runs successfully. Afterwards the VirtualBox guest
> freezes. I didn't have the nerve to switch the guest off and on again 79
> times and then create FDCONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT by hand.

I finally DID HAVE the nerve to install most of BASE by hand with your
all_cd.iso. This really means I rebooted the virtualbox guest after every
single command to avoid the freeze. :-)

Now it seems to work, no crashes so far... I will continue exploring this ;-)

regards and thanks
Ulrich