Hi,

N.B. The OP's subject line is too vague. You'd probably get more help
with a more specific description of the problem. Some people don't
have time to pore over all the various threads.

Anyways, please keep reading below, I'll (weakly) respond inline.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:50 AM, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste.fr> wrote:

> The PCNTPK driver is meant to be used only on computers with the AMD
> PC-NET network card (which is also emulated by VirtualBox).
>
> You most probably have a different network card - what you need is to
> know exactly what network card you have (vendor/model), and then look
> for a matching "packet driver". A packet driver is what makes it
> possible for TCP stacks under DOS to use networking.
>
> Mateusz

Georg Potthast has some packet drivers mirrored on his website:

http://www.georgpotthast.de/sioux/packet.htm

He also has NICSCAN, which "maybe" will help ease your search:

http://www.georgpotthast.de/sioux/pktdrv/nicscan.zip

But don't get your hopes up too high, a lot of (wired) network cards
these days probably aren't well-supported on DOS, if at all. Blame
your manufacturer directly (write them an email, offer to pay them,
etc).

Keep reading below.

> On 08/18/2014 10:44 AM, Thsise Faek wrote:
>
>> I just installed freedos on a computer (not VirtualBox, real install)
>> and ive been trying to set up the network.

What kind of computer? What network card? What does Linux detect it
has? "dmesg | grep eth0"?

>> Just like in the instructions, I went into the autoexec.bat, and removed
>> the REM from REM LH PCNTPK INT=0x60. It gave me this error during
>> startup (PCNTPK-DOS-015: Device not found.)
>>
>> Removing the LH and leaving only PCNTPK INT=0x60 gave me the same error
>> during startup. Because of this I cant use any network functions.
>> How do I fix this?

Well, the obvious answer (that you seem to avoid, why?) is to use an
emulator / hypervisor like VirtualBox. It works there, at least. I
know that's not necessarily ideal, but it's better than nothing.

Some of the more obvious packet drivers are in the set from Crynwr:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/net/crynwr.zip

However, once again, you have to know exactly what you want and how to
set it up. I don't remember the details on searching for specific PCI
IDs, so you'll have to hope that someone like Eric Auer or Bernd Blauw
chime in here. Presumably you use something like PCISLEEP or BERNDPCI:

1). http://ericauer.cosmodata.virtuaserver.com.br/soft/pcisleep-2005mar12.zip
2). http://ericauer.cosmodata.virtuaserver.com.br/soft/specials/berndpci.zip

Wasn't there some database of all the various PCI devices? Was it some
website? Anyone remember? (Probably Eric does.) Hmmm, maybe this is
it:

http://pciids.sourceforge.net/

Hope some of this helps! Please report back to us with your results
(successes, failures).