Hi,

Might be that the DHCP implementation of VirtualBox is incompatible with
the DHCP client embedded in Watt32... A PCAP capture might show more,
although not sure if there is any point, since watt32 probably won't be
updated/fixed any time soon.

About some programs needing a fixed IP: yes, this is true, but only for
WatTCP (ie. 16 bit) programs. WatTCP doesn't have any DHCP client. This
came only with Watt32.

mTCP vs wattcp.cfg - I agree this would be awesome if mTCP could
read/write WatTCP config files for backward compatibility :)

cheers,
Mateusz