On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 8:57 PM, dmccunney <dennis.mccun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Dale E Sterner <sunbeam...@juno.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just heard about LaTeX here and being curious, just want to understand -
>>
>> It's worth learning about, but DOS is the wrong place to do it.  The
>> tools basically don't exist there.  If you want to learn about/use
>> LaTeX, you really need to be running Windows or Linux.
>
> Just for comparison, there's also Lout and Halibut:
>
> http://na.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/djgpp/current/v2apps/lout328b.zip
>
> http://www.bttr-software.de/ports/hbt8112b.zip
>
> Again, I've not tried these, but they might work better for somebody.

A manual for Halibut is here:
https://sites.google.com/site/vdeeditor/Home/vde-files/halibut-manual

And a distribution archive is also here:
https://sites.google.com/site/vdeeditor/Home/vde-files/files-section/hbt8112b.zip

Halibut is a processor for a form of ASCII text markup similar to
Markdown, that can output to  Plain ASCII text, HTML, Unix man page
format, GNU Info format, PDF,  PostScript, and Old-style Windows Help
(.HLP).  (Fiddle with the options and it produces HTML you can feed to
the Windows Help compiler to get CHM files.)
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519