Hi,

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Dale E Sterner <sunbeam...@juno.com> wrote:

> I run DOS by itself not under another OS. All the so called DOS drivers
> that
> I've tried require Windows to be present. Without Windows they don't
> work.
> I tried the mode command; the screen stays the same size and the letters
> get
> smaller. Some of my software will run full screen when they run. I think
> they issue a VESA command to do this. Wordperfect, Arachne & Pixel
> run full screen; everything else is mini screen.

Dell Latitude computer? With what video card, Intel? Did you check
Intel's site? Or only Dell? Did you email their tech support people?
Did you search all their related downloads? Can you try asking on
their forums (or similar third-party place with people of similar
interests, specifically a place for similar hardware users)?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/software/iegd/intel-embedded-graphics-drivers-overview.html

I wish I could tell you something more concrete. But don't get your
hopes up. It's just almost impossible to get modern things like this
working. The vendors just don't care (much, if at all) for DOS
anymore. You'd probably have better luck dual-booting a minimal Linux
distro with DOSEMU!

> On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 22:14:38 +0200 Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> writes:
>>
>> > control screen resolution. FREEDOS runs as a tiny screen in
>> > the center - very annoying. I haven't found any dos sound driver
>>
>> Your screen may have a hotkey to zoom to full screen.

Fn+F2?