Hi Jack, others,

Is it safe to load UIDE in FDAUTO.BAT with DEVLOAD.COM, instead
of loading it in FDCONFIG.SYS as recommended in the
instructions?

My experience in the last few days is that it is, but I would
like to have a more authoritative answer :-)

The reason why I'm doing it is that I have about 6 FreeDOS
computers, with different memory sizes, and I wanted to have
identical FDCONFIG.SYS and FDAUTO.BAT files in all of them. My
solution was to use a third file to keep the
memory-size-specific stuff, namely loading cache and virtual
disk. Since FDCONFIG.SYS cannot call another program, it had to
be called from FDAUTO.BAT.

Regards,

Marcos

Marcos Fávero Florence de Barros